This position will ensure that the highest level of product quality is consistently achieved within the New Holland Brewing Co. production facility. Further, this position will demonstrate experience in determining the overall quality strategy and implementation to achieve the overall quality goals for the company. This role has the responsibility of making sure that we operate within compliance of all local, federal and industry.
- Collection and analysis of wort & beer throughout production to ensure microbiological stability
- Measurement of dissolved gases in wort, fermentation, packaging and finished product
- Monitor proper chemical usage/titrations in brewery, cleaning, packaging operations, etc.
- Monitor all aspects of fermentation (extract, pH, etc.)
- Final package fill level and seam quality review
- Finished beer haze analysis
- Develop, review, and revise SOPs within the QA department
- Ensure safe working environment within the laboratory and brewery
- Maintain inventory of laboratory supplies
- Troubleshooting skills and proactive root cause analysis experience and mentality
- Computer literacy: Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ensuring batch to batch consistency – from raw material analysis to testing on packaged product
- Yeast Management – brinking, propagation, cell counting and viability
- Conduct sensory panel
- Data logging and analysis
- Maintain, propagate and play with bacterial cultures and wild yeast
- Maintain & calibrate testing equipment – pipettors, dissolved oxygen meters, pH meters, refractometer, etc.
- Forced Diacetyl Tests
- Wort Stability Tests
- Pilot test batch brewing
- Bachelor’s degree in a related science field such as fermentation science, food science, microbiology, chemistry. An advanced degree is considered a plus
- Must be able to physically lift up to 50 lbs
- Will be required to climb, crouch, bend over, etc.
- Should ideally have previous laboratory experience – general lab skills, aseptic technique
- Should have a scientific background – biology, chemistry, food science, brewing, etc.
- Should have a strong understanding of the brewing process