This is a full-time position covering the New Holland Brewing Company Production location. The Cellarman will be expected to successfully meet and undertake all of the requirements and responsibilities listed below and do so while keeping to New Hollands core valves. The Cellarman is expected to work autonomously the majority of the time while still being available to assist New Holland’s other breweries when required.
- Put safety first in all circumstances
- Ensure that all beer is produced according to defined quality standards and specifications.
- Ensure safe brewery operation including enforcement of lock out tag out, PPE, operation of powered industrial equipment, machine guarding, facility order and cleanliness, hazardous material handling, etc.
- Keep accurate brewing and quality records during all steps of the brewing process and ensure data is accurate in Orchestrated beer
- Train according to training guidelines and enforce NHBC brewing methods.
- Ensure regular maintenance of tools and machines.
- Troubleshoot tools and machines when failing.
- Support New Holland Brewing Company’s vision, missions and values
- Monitor fermentations
- Sanitation and CIP (Clean In Place)
- Beer Transfers
- Organization and cleanliness of all materials, tools and workspace
- Separation, filtration and sterilization
- Trouble shooting problems quickly and thoroughly
- Collect samples for the quality lab
- Dry hopping (hop gun or top of tank)
- Fork truck and scissor lift operation
- Cross train in the Dragon’s Milk Cellar
- Help in other departments when slow or called upon
- Participate in weekly taste panels
- A certificate in technical brewing is preferred, or a basic knowledge of the following
- Brewing and fermentation theory
- Flash pasteurizer
- Cartridge filtering
- Dry hopping
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with all organizational levels.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe work environment.
- Able to lift 50# from the floor to over the head repeatedly throughout a shift.
- Able to work in environments of heat, cold, and humidity.
- Ability to work in confined spaces when required.
- Basic mechanical troubleshooting ability.
- Must be able to work any shift for employee issues, emergencies or to cover temporary needs.
- 4-5 years of relevant experience and/or relevant college degree.
- Basic mathematical skills