Bartender - Holland
Provide friendly and responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all guests by ensuring customer satisfaction while demonstrating creativity to produce remarkable results and repeat business. This position is for our Pub on 8th in Holland, Michigan.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Acknowledge guests promptly and engage all guests in conversation.
- Prepare & serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with the company’s standard drink recipes.
- Learn the names and personally recognize our regular guests, including Mug Club members and investors.
- Prepare drinks for servers accurately and immediately using printed tickets.
- Accept guest payment in cash, credit card, gift card and make change (if applicable).
- Wash and sanitize glassware.
- Prepare garnishes, fresh juices and infusions for drinks as necessary.
- Maintain bottles & glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation & promotion of beverages.
- Clear and reset tables in bar area.
- Present drink & food menus, make drink & food recommendations and answer any questions about items on both menus.
- Knowledge of any food features and drink specialties with intent to sell to guests.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Receive and serve food orders to guests in the bar area.
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to Floor Manager.
- Assist with restocking of bar inventories and supplies.
- Change kegs as needed.
- Leave the bar area clean and stocked at the end of any shift.
- Clean both bathrooms at the end of the night.
- Know our beer, wine and spirits and be able to accurately describe each item in terms of taste, style and category.
- Know all of the company’s upcoming events and promotions.
- Maintain appropriate appearance and uniform cleanliness in accordance with Company dress code.
- Check customer identification for age verification in accordance with legal standards.
- Have bartending experience.
- Pass all Company administered tests and certifications as required.
- Have knowledge of beer, wine and spirits.
- Have knowledge of common drink recipes.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a cash register.
- Be able to work in a standing position for up to eight (8) hours at a time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift 100+ pounds.
- Be comfortable engaging guests in general conversation.
- Be able to multi-task.
- Be able to utilize our telephone system.
- Must be Cicerone certified or complete Cicerone certification within 90 days of employment.
- Maintain a positive attitude in all situations.