Server - Holland
Provide friendly and responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all guests by ensuring customer satisfaction while demonstrating creativity to produce remarkable results and repeat business. This position is for our Pub on 8th in Holland, Michigan.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Warmly welcome the guests in your section in a timely fashion and engage guests in conversation.
- Follow the seven steps of service.
- Check customer identification for age verification in accordance with legal standards.
- Maintain appropriate appearance and uniform cleanliness in accordance with Company dress code.
- Knowledge of any food specials and drink specials.
- Know our beer, wine and spirits and be able to accurately describe each item in terms of taste, style and category.
- Accept guest payment in cash, credit card, gift card or check and make change (if applicable).
- Present drink & food menus, make drink & food recommendations and answer any questions about items on both menus.
- Accurately enter food and beverage guest orders in to Digitial Dining system.
- Accurately and promptly deliver food and drink orders to guests.
- Maintain cleanliness at server station.
- Perform opening, running and closing side work.
- Respond promptly and accurately to guest needs and requests.
- Pre-bus dishes from tables and wipe tables down and bring bus tubs back to dishwash area.
- Help rolling silverware, as necessary.
- Ability to perform host duties, as necessary.
- Ability to utilize telephone system, including answering and transferring calls.
- Fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the Pub Managers and General Manager.
- Know all of the company’s upcoming events and promotions.
- Restock ice at beverage service station.
- Have at least one-year serving experience or experience as NHBC host.
- Pass all Company administered tests and certifications as required.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a cash register.
- Be able to work in a standing position for up to five (5) hours at a time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift 30 pounds.
- Be comfortable engaging guests in general conversation.
- Be able to multi-task.
- Possess basic knowledge of dining room service procedures and functions.
- Possess good communication skills and the ability to work well with teammates.
- Possess a sense of urgency.
- Maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations.