Maintenance Mechanic - 2nd Shift
This is a full-time, 2nd shift position covering all the New Holland Brewing Company locations. The Maintenance Mechanic will be expected to successfully meet and undertake all the requirements and responsibilities listed below and do so while keeping to New Hollands core valves. The Maintenance Mechanic is expected to work autonomously the majority of the time while being able to assist all New Holland Brewing departments when required.
- Put safety first in all circumstances
- Ensure that all beer is produced according to defined quality standards and specifications.
- Install and maintain brewery and packaging machinery
- Perform daily inspection of packaging lines & brewery equipment
- Keep up to date with all required preventative maintenance
- Keep records of repairs and develop or make necessary changes to planned maintenance schedule
- Maintain spare parts inventory
- Assist leads and operators on proper operation and changeover of bottling, canning and kegging machinery
- Rebuild parts as needed
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair brewery & packaging equipment related problems such as mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and electronic
- Provide emergency unscheduled repairs of packaging equipment as needed
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and other tools to complete repairs
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Ensure safe brewery operation including enforcement of lock out tag out, PPE, operation of powered industrial equipment, machine guarding, facility order and cleanliness, hazardous material handling, etc.
- Train according to training guidelines and enforce NHBC brewing methods.
- Support New Holland Brewing Company’s mission, vision and values.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with all organizational levels.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe work environment.
- Knowledge of brewing / packaging / utilities machinery.
- Knowledge of safe work operations, chemical handling, safety policies and procedures.
- PC proficiency and knowledge of controls software.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to complete maintenance tasks in a timely manner and see jobs to their completion.
- Ability to make and execute correct decisions when necessary or call for help when appropriate.
- Effective in working with others, both within and outside the production department.
- Attention to detail, conscientious, aware of changes to schedule, lack of mistakes, miscommunications, oversights.
- Able to lift 50# from the floor to over the head repeatedly throughout a shift.
- Able to work in environments of heat, cold, and humidity.
- Ability to work in confined spaces when required.
- Must be able to work any shift for employee issues, emergencies or to cover temporary needs.