- Pick and ship orders to distributors with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Receive and unload incoming freight shipments and verify quantities per purchase order.
- Check for damaged goods on incoming shipments.
- Enter shipping and receiving data to ERP system in a timely manner to maintain accurate daily inventory records.
- Tag and issue materials.
- Store and rotate inventory according to FIFO to ensure freshness.
- Participate in physical inventories of the warehouse.
- Use company truck to deliver orders to other company locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- High-school diploma or GED.
- Prior warehouse, shipping, or receiving experience required including using a forklift to move materials.
- Experience working in a fast paced production environment preferred.
- Experience driving a box truck preferred.
- Experience operating a forklift and pallet jack.
Work Conditions and Requirements
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record is required – you must be insurable to drive our truck.
- Chauffeur's License
- Certification and ability to safely operate a forklift.
- Ability to safely drive a box truck.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds and manipulate up to 200 pounds is required.
- Commitment to working safely with an understanding of safety regulations and proper safety procedures in an industrial environment including safe use of powered industrial trucks, using proper PPE, MSDS, lock out/tag out, etc.
- Ability to work in a variety of temperatures as plant temperature varies by season, and the job includes time spent daily in a refrigerated warehouse.
- Ability to work independently or with a partner throughout the day without constant supervision.
- Use of ERP system and email is required.
- Basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing required.
- Willingness to work overtime, including evenings and weekends if required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.