Banquet & Catering Sales
The Banquet & Catering Sales Professional is an ambitious and energetic individual to help us expand our catering and in-house groups at our pubs in both Grand Rapids and Holland. They develop sales strategies to attract new clients and maintain established business with customer service. The successful salesperson sources new sales opportunities, closes sales to achieve goals, and plays a key role in increasing revenue by managing and negotiating with clients and generating leads. This person demonstrates excellent sales and prospecting skills, customer service, and problem-solving skills. The Banquet & Catering Sales Professional is a highly motivated individual with vision to liberate our retail operations beyond the brick and mortar and grow our brand.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements sales plans for each location to achieve annual and monthly goals as established by leadership.
- Assist in the preparation of the marketing plan and annual budget to increase revenue of Banquets and Catering; monitor performance against budgets; recommend corrective actions as necessary to help ensure that budget and goals are met.
- Research accounts and generate or follow through on sales leads/retention.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Tracks and reports sales performance to leadership.
- Communicate weekly with the Banquet & Catering team regarding their activity, sales efforts, market trends, etc.
- Report and provide feedback to the Banquet & Catering team.
- Collaborate with internal teams.
- “Get the sale” using various customer sales methods.
- Solicit, secure, coordinate and respond to customer inquires in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all customer emails and phone calls are responded to with a sense of urgency (no more than 48 hours).
- Prospects and talks to customers about events in the restaurants while positively influencing staff to identify prospects and talk about events on their own.
- Arrange & host site visits with prospective clients.
- Increase outside sales and attract new customers.
- Maintain and expand client database.
- Attend meetings, sales events, and trainings to keep abreast of the latest developments.
- Study competition to find new ways to retain customers & obtain new ones.
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to marketing, event periodicals and participation in relevant trade organizations (ex. festivals, trade shows).
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
- Maintain positive relationships and communicate clearly, tactfully, and persuasively with Banquet & Catering team and clients.
- A minimum requirement of 3 years of outside sales experience, B.A./B.S not required but preferred.
- At least 1 year of Banquet and Catering experience, not required but preferred.
- A consistent demonstration of sales growth exceeding expectations.
- Familiarity with different sales techniques.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Maintain Cicerone certification and Serve Safe/ TIPS Certified Trainer accreditation or be willing to obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Excellent presentation skills, able to present to large and small group environments.
- This position is in constant verbal and written communication externally and internally. He/she must be able to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Computer competency.
- Time management and planning skills.
- Excellent organizational skills are a must. This candidate must be able to timely organize their plan and priorities on a consistent basis, as well as follow up timely on all business-related matters with little or no supervision.
- Adaptable to change. Has the ability to adjust their plan to meet changing business trends and needs.
- Highly accountable and responsive.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Willing to perform other job-related tasks that may not be included in this job description.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Work extended hours, often including nights and weekends.
- Passion for Hospitality.