Line Cook - Holland
Participate in the preparation of food in advance of service, stock stations, prepare foods to order during service and maintain the organization and sanitation of the kitchen. This position is for our Pub on 8th in Holland, Michigan.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Stock and organize the line, responsible for assigned mise en place.
- Responsible for safety and sanitation of food and workspace.
- Prepare all product for service according to prescribed specifications
- Follow policies and procedures of kitchen conduct.
- Maintain organization of the coolers and ensure proper rotation and temp of product.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of all kitchen areas.
- Receive, rotate, and store stock in proper areas of the kitchen.
- Communicate unfinished projects to remaining staff.
- Work the line during service.
- Cook all food to specification, recipe and chef standards
- Maintain an orderly, clean, and sanitary work station.
- Wear the prescribed uniform in accordance with Company policy.
- Maintain a positive attitude and sense of teamwork at all times.
- Work with a sense of urgency at all times
- Communicate product needs and other issues to chef.
- Participate in weekly cleaning projects.
- Arrive for work on time and check with management before leaving.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
- Clean the line and kitchen areas at close.
- Constantly strive to achieve more knowledge and skill in food preparation.
- Minimum 1 year experience in food service preferred.
- Prior exposure to a vast array and cooking techniques and methods.
- Familiarity with safe handling techniques prescribed by the Kent County Department of Health.
- Good communication skills, a positive attitude and a desire to learn.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10+ hours).
- Have a flexible schedule. Must work weekends and evenings.