Banquet and Catering Sales
Banquet and Catering Sales at New Holland Brewing Company is responsible for growing sales primarily through their own efforts. The sales focus is aimed to acquire, maintain and grow large group events and large catering accounts at pub and retail locations in both Grand Rapids and Holland.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements sales plans for each location to achieve annual and monthly goals as established by leadership.
- Prospects for new business through cold calls via phone and in person as well as developing new leads.
- Sets up in person presentations on capabilities of each site for prospect clients.
- Follows up within 48 hours on all leads from their own efforts as well as leads forwarded by staff, peers, direct supervisor, etc.
- Stays up to date and follows local events and trends to identify sales opportunities.
- Tracks and reports sales performance to leadership.
- Prospects and talks to customers about events in the restaurants while positively influencing staff to identify prospects and talk about events on their own.
- Communicates on a weekly basis with site team regarding their activity, sales efforts, market trends, etc.
- Represents New Holland at key events to grow awareness and gather leads, including Bridal Shows, Beer, Wine, and Food Show & Festivals.
- Continually grow relationships with past and prospective clients.
- Help with execution of catering events and delivery to events.
- B.A./ B.S. degree in Hospitality & Toursim Management or Sales or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred but not required.
- A minimum requirement of 2 years of outside sales experience growing sales through own efforts, including prospecting, cold calling and growing existing customer base.
- Previous experience in a similar position or in the restaurant business is helpful but not required.
- Be 21 years of age
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- A consistent demonstration of sales growth exceeding expectations.
- Maintain Cicerone certification and Serve Safe/ TIPS Certified Trainer accreditation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in person and by phone/email
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, email and web searches
- Possess outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have night and weekend availability
- Must be able to effectively ask fact finding questions both in person and via phone to uncover potential from all prospects and customers. .
- Excellent presentation skills, able to present to large and small group environments
- This position is in constant verbal and written communication externally and internally. He/she must be able to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent relationship building skills both with external and internal parties.
- Great problem-solving skills. Resourceful.
- Adaptable to change. Has the ability to adjust their plan to meet changing business trends and needs.
- Takes ownership. Proactively seeks for opportunities to learn about our product and business. Ability to effectively manage their time and autonomy. Highly accountable and responsive.
- Excellent organizational skills are a must. This candidate must be able to timely organize their plan and priorities on a consistent basis, as well as follow up timely on all business-related matters with little or no supervision.