Kitchen Expeditor - Holland
Perform duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation, including but not limited to plating and garnishing of cooked items, ticket times, and preparing appropriate garnishes for all menu items. Must understand the importance of safety and sanitation in the kitchen. This position is for our Pub on 8th in Holland, Michigan.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for quality and quantity of menu items leaving the kitchen.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of product at expo stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation including prep tables, shelves, and equipment.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for expo stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen, if needed (ie. Line sweep, trash and taking care of all dirty dishes).
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the manager.
- Sweep expo line and trash removal throughout shift.
- Keep all window, racks and soup wells clean and wiped down.
- Make sure kitchen/wait staff are eating in the designated areas.
- Make sure the Feature board is updated daily with current information.
- Make sure that all food is accounted for as it comes into the kitchen.
- Act as communication liaison between front and back of the house.
- Build orders according to operating procedures for service staff.
- Well-developed sense of urgency
- A minimum of one year of experience in food service.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
- Maintain positive attitude at all times
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.