This is a full-time position located at our production campus in Holland, MI and reporting to our Head Brewer. Passion for our brands and our company is part if the job; brewing great beer is the other part of the job.
- Following approved recipes, operate brewhouse from milling through transfer to fermentation cellar.
- Maintain raw material in a brewing worthy condition.
- Organization and cleaning of raw material storage areas.
- Coordinate grain to silo delivery when on shift.
- Ensure that all beer is produced according to defined quality standards and specifications.
- Meet production goals and standards while managing manufacturing costs.
- Ensure safe brewhouse operation including enforcement of lock out tag out, PPE, operation of powered industrial equipment, machine guarding, facility order and cleanliness, hazardous material handling, etc.
- Enter transactions in a timely manner to OrchestratedBEER.
Qualifications and Experience
- Technical brewing knowledge including operational understanding of:
- Mill and accompanying augur systems
- Brewhouse operation
- Hot liquor tanks
- Heat exchanger
- Filtration systems:
- Plate and Frame
- Brewing and packaging theory.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with all organizational levels.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe work environment.
- Able to lift 50# from the floor to over the head repeatedly throughout a shift.
- Able to work in environments of heat, cold, and humidity.
- Basic mechanical troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to work in confined spaces when required.
- Desire to participate in Brewing certifications through IBD, or prior completion of IBD or equivalent certification.
- Must be able to work any shift including weekends when called upon.