Host - Grand Rapids
Immediately welcome & warmly greet guests upon arrival and departure, manage the efficient and timely seating of our guests, answer and transfer telephone calls, take to-go orders, and work with a cash drawer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet all guests upon their arrival and departure.
- Seat guests based on their location preference and accommodation needs while balancing customer flow in service sections.
- When immediate seating is limited, provide guests with an estimated waiting time and record them in NoWait App.
- Inspect tables for proper presentation and completeness.
- Provide information to servers and bussers as needed.
- Notify kitchen of groups over eight (8) people.
- Bus and sanitize tables as guests depart.
- Take bus tubs to kitchen and unload them, as necessary.
- Knowledge of our beer, wine and spirits.
- Knowledge of all menu items.
- Receive and place to-go orders.
- Assist with any cleaning/organizing projects as directed by Pub Managers.
- Assist with any other duties as necessary, including (but not limited to) rolling silverware, changing menu inserts, stocking beer cooler, stamping merchandise bags, etc…
- Be comfortable speaking with guests during slow times or when a customer is browsing the retail area.
- Utilize our telephone system, including answering and transferring calls.
- Know all of the company’s upcoming events and promotions.
- Check customer identification for age verification in accordance with legal standards.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a cash register.
- Be able to work in a standing position for up to six (6) hours at a time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift 30 pounds.
- Be comfortable engaging guests in general conversation.
- Be able to multi-task.
- Possess excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations.