This is a full-time position within our production facility, located on the north side of Holland. This position works with the Production Manager to produce a schedule for packaging and has day-to-day oversight of operations in the packaging department.
The Packaging Manager is responsible for coordinating the reporting and analysis of packaging data, including information on QA/QC, yields, labor, and efficiency, and works with the Director of Brewing Operations and Production Manager to develop procedures for improvement in these areas.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversight and scheduling of packaging department including, bottle, keg and canning lines.
- Day-to-day oversight of the packaging department
- Assistance with development of and adherence to procedures to ensure safety, quality, efficiency, and profitability
- Weekly inventory of packaging materials and placing purchase orders for pack materials
- Ensures safe and efficient operation of equipment
- Trains, schedules and supervises packaging staff
- Responsible for consistent communications and conducting meetings with staff
- Performs regular filler CIP and maintains cleanliness of packaging areas
- Performs troubleshooting of all packaging equipment
- Understands production systems and diagnoses sources of machine failure to make necessary repairs
- Develop, maintain, and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all packaging
- Ensures efficient and long-lasting operation of machines
- Communicate effectively with brewery and warehouse staff to schedule production runs
- Observes industry quality and safety standards
- Minimum of a 2-4 year technical degree or an associate degree in an applicable technical field.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of proven leadership and supervisory skills/experience
- Previous experience in a production environment
- Strong leadership skills and management experience
- Knowledge of and interest in the craft beer industry
- Organizational skills and ability to make long range plans and goals
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with employees and the general public.
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to multi task. The ability to think on your feet and adapt, flexibility is key.
- Strong reasoning ability and problem-solving skills.
- Strict attention to detail.