Retail Specialist - Grand Rapids
Immediately welcome & warmly greet guests upon arrival and departure, answer and transfer telephone calls, take to-go orders, and work with a cash drawer. Work to assist customers in finding and purchasing the required merchandise in a retail environment, encourage customers to purchase products.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist customers with retail merchandise.
- Knowledge of retail merchandise back stock and how to access it.
- Assist with any other duties as necessary, including (but not limited to) stocking beer cooler, stamping merchandise bags, etc…
- Advise customers with information on products and services.
- Helps customer make selections by building customer confidence; offering suggestions and opinions.
- Keep clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
- Bag or package purchases.
- Help customers try on or fit merchandise.
- Greet all guests upon their arrival and departure.
- Knowledge of our beer, wine and spirits.
- Knowledge of all menu items.
- Receive and place to-go orders.
- Utilize our telephone system, including answering and transferring calls.
- Know all of the company’s upcoming events and promotions.
- Check customer identification for age verification in accordance with legal standards.
- Organize and maintain all retail merchandise.
- Assist with any cleaning/organizing projects as directed by Retail Supervisor/Buyer.
- Track and communicate activity to Retail Supervisor/Buyer.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Processes payments by totaling purchases; processing cash, and credit cards.
- Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, and balancing cash drawers.
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
- Be comfortable speaking with guests during slow times or when a customer is browsing.
- Contribute to team effort through results accomplishment.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a cash register.
- Be able to work in a standing position for up to eight (8) hours at a time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift 50 pounds.
- Be comfortable engaging guests in general conversation.
- Be able to multi-task.
- Possess excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations.