Packaging Line Operator
This is a full-time position covering both of the New Holland Brewing Company Pub locations. The Packaging Line Operator will be expected to successfully meet and undertake all of the requirements and responsibilities listed below and do so while keeping to New Hollands core values. The Packaging Line Operator is expected to work autonomously the majority of the time while still being available to assist New Holland’s other breweries when required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Put safety first in all circumstances
- Ensure that all beer is produced according to defined quality standards and specifications.
- Ensure safe brewery operation including enforcement of lock out tag out, PPE, operation of powered industrial equipment, machine guarding, facility order and cleanliness, hazardous material handling, etc.
- Keep accurate brewing and quality records during all steps of the brewing process and ensure data is accurate in Orchestrated beer
- Train according to training guidelines and enforce NHBC brewing methods.
- Ensure regular maintenance of tools and machines.
- Troubleshoot tools and machines when failing.
- Support New Holland Brewing Company’s vision, missions and values
- Perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting on all packaging-related equipment.
- Make necessary adjustments to maintain product quality.
- Ensure packaging areas are kept well-organized and free of clutter.
- Effectively communicate with packaging manager and packaging line leader for maintenance, quality, and safety needs.
- Help run the bottle line, can line, and/or keg line by operating assigned machinery.
- Stack cases as they come off the bottling line.
- Perform quality checks on the beer and packaging.
- Perform CIPs on bright beer tanks and sanitize parts.
- Perform changeovers on packaging machinery.
- Help anywhere else in production that you may be needed.
- Keep work area cleaned and organized.
- Operate a forklift when necessary.
- Train other employees on packaging machines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with all organizational levels.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe work environment.
- Able to lift 50# from the floor to over the head repeatedly throughout a shift.
- Able to work in environments of heat, cold, and humidity.
- Ability to work in confined spaces when required.
- Basic mechanical troubleshooting ability.
- Must be able to work any shift for employee issues, emergencies or to cover temporary needs.
- 4-5 years of relevant experience and/or relevant college degree.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of safe chemical handling.
- Forklift experience a plus.
- Knowledge or experience in beer/beverage packaging a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Basic mechanical ability
- Willingness to work for long hours in uncomfortable conditions possibly without a break or sitting.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!